Terms and Conditions
All hire for periods less than 24 hours – the bikes are to be returned to the point of collection / delivery no later than 6:00pm. Additional fees will be due for late bike return.
Available from the Yarmouth Hire Centre only. The half day hire is for a hire period up to 4 hours which commence:-Morning – between 9:00am and 10:00am and finish between 1:00pm and 2:00pm
Afternoon – between 1:00pm and 2:00pm and finish between 5:00pm and 6:00pm
Flexi 4 hour
Available from Yarmouth Hire Centre only. This is a hire period up to 4 hours which can commence any time from 9:00am with the latest return time of 6:00pm.
Available for delivery or collection from our Yarmouth Hire Centre. This is for a hire period up to 8 hours which can commence any time from 9:00am with the latest return of 6:00pm
Available for delivery or collection from our Yarmouth Hire Centre. This is for a hire period up to 24 hours which can commence anytime between 9:00am and 5:00pm. This hire rate is also applicable for any customers who require to return bikes anytime after the 6:00pm closing time.
Multiple Day Hire
The hire charge is applicable for whole or part of a day thereof. Multiple day hires are NOT measured in hours. For example the 3 day hire would be charged for a customer who wishes to collect the bike at 5:00pm Friday with return 5:00pm Sunday.
Conditions of Hire
- RIDING BIKES ON THE BEACH OR IN THE SEA IS PROHIBITED. THE SALT WATER AND SAND DESTROY THE BIKES. ANY CUSTOMER FOUND TO HAVE DONE SO WILL BE LIABLE FOR A REPLACEMENT BIKE CHARGE OF £250
- Proof of identification may be requested upon delivery of your bicycles and accessories. (E.g. driving licence, passport, photo ID, etc.)
- Equipment booked and paid for in advance is guaranteed and will be available.
- Please cycle sensibly, with respect for others and the natural habitat. Cyclists are expected to follow the Highway Code in particular the “Extra rules for Cyclists” (Rules 187-211)
- Anyone cycling in a discourteous or unsafe manner while in possession of Wight Cycle Hire equipment will have the equipment repossessed with no refund of hire charges.
- Cycle helmets are provided free of charge and all cyclists are strongly advised to use them. Adults who decline the free helmet must sign the Helmet Waiver Declaration. All cyclists below the age of 16 MUST wear a cycle helmet; they will not be issued a bicycle with one. No Helmet – No Hire.
- Cycles should be locked to a permanent fixture whenever left unattended. The method of securing should include the front wheel and the frame. Theft of an unlocked bicycle will be the responsibility of the hirer and will be subject to a £250 charge to cover the replacement of the bicycle and its accessories.
- All equipment must be returned to the place and time as agreed when booking the hire. We reserve the right to charge an additional £10 for late returns.
- Wight Cycle Hire reserves the right not to hire equipment to an individual.
- Cancelled bookings.
More than 7 days full refund
Less than 7 days but more than 24 hours 90% refund
Less than 24 hours no refund.